My favorite veggie burgers

23.7.13


Hello! Today I want to share my favorite recipe of veggie burgers. Also I've shared one made of beans, but this one is much better!

Ingredients for 6-7 burgers:

  • 1/4 cup of lentils
  • 1/4 cup of rice
  • 1 cup (or more) of breadcrumbs
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 chopped onion
  • 1 chopped carrot
  • 1 chopped garlic
  • 1 tsp of cumin (or more to taste)
  • 1tsp of oregano (the same)
  • 1tsp of salt (the same)
Boil until lentils and rice are cooked and soft (about 30-40 min)
Meanwhile, chop the onion, the carrot and the garlic and fry it in a pan with a bit of olive oil until softened a bit. Add some salt.

When the lentils and rice are done, remove the excess of water and put them in a bowl. Mix it with the veggies, the egg, the oregano, cumin and salt until you have a soft dough. Add the cup of breadcrumbs until the mixture don't stick in your fingers.
Then make burger shapes and fry it on a pan with olive oil.

Bon appetit! 



3 comentarios:

Unknown dijo...

Yum! I'll have to try these! I make mine with chickpeas, potato, and lemon usually, and they're really good.

Rachel

Laura Whispering dijo...

mmm, these look amazing!

Pony Chops dijo...

Yum these sound so good, I wonder if I could make them without egg.